Sunday, October 7, 2012

Prince Phillip - Say It Ain't So!

Not really a post here, just a reaction. I just watched the Once Upon A Time premiere (yes, very late). And I have to say right off the bat - I could never be a story book character. If I had the chance to kill a powerless Regina, I would. Doesn't the woman deserve it after all the souls she has destroyed? Yet the innate goodness of princes and princesses seems to keep her alive. I'm not that good. I guess that's why I'm a mere human.

But I digress. I was alternately thrilled, and upset, by the appearance and early demise of Prince Phillip. Really? I was just getting in to his awkward love triangle between Mulan and Aurora. What exactly happened between him and Mulan during all those battles? And what truths were they going to tell her once she "woke up" from her slumber?

I guess I'll never know because now he's gone. Although, something about this show tells me that I haven't seen the last of him. After all, he didn't really die, he only had his soul sucked out by a wraith. Which means his soul is residing somewhere, awaiting a rescue by his two lady loves. Or so I hope.

And who was that man in New York in the very beginning of the show? He gets a postcard via carrier pigeon  that the curse is B-R-O-K-E-N. Okay, so 1) who is sending postcards so soon after the curse is broken and 2) how can this man be a part of Story Book Land while living in New York?

Now I am seeing shades of Lost, the reveal that only leads to a thousand more questions that I will have to wait endlessly to be answered, if they ever are. Seeing as how last season at least solved a number of looming problems, I am hopeful. But alas, all magic comes with a price. And these characters aren't done paying quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment