Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Bar For Geeks




Paris is calling my name. Not just because it's the most romantic city in the world. Or because I live for cheese and fresh croissants. But because now, there's a fun little bar where it looks like I might feel right at home. It's called Le Dernier Bar Avant La Fin Du Monde (aka - The Last Bar Before The End Of The World). In case the claim is not to be believed, there's a giant clock just inside the entrance that counts down to the Mayan Apocalypse on December 21, 2012. Guess that means I need to book my trip to Paris asap.

Now, supposedly this bar is a "no violence allowed" type of establishment. All light sabers, powerful one-rings and magic wands must be deposited before hitting the bar for a drink. But once you enter the bar, it looks like Geek Heaven. Every genre seems to be represented, from the wall-mounted Millenium Falcon, to the stacks of comic books and novels begging to be read. There are also scores of games available to play - so you can bring a group along and spend the better part of the night. I want to go now!

The bar has clever naming of areas, THE SINGULARITY leads to a second bar and TARDIS denotes the lowest level that can be reserved for private parties or game-play. But just looking at the decor alone could possibly entertain me for hours. Every inch of wall space appears to be covered in science-fiction themed movie posters and other bits of memorabilia.

Happening upon this little gem on the internet leaves me quite thirsty. LA needs this type of dive! But if per chance anyone makes it to Paris before I do, stop by Le Dernier Bar for me and take a few pics. But you'd better go soon. Once December 21 hits, we'll all be out of luck.

Le Dernier Bar Avant La Fin Du Monde
19, avenue Victoria 75001 Paris
www.denierbar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment